In shocking news, I’m reporting on a monthly game against my Dastardly Regular Opponent without going into a full battle report (you’ll have to wait until the end of the month for that).
Instead, we were giving Black Powder Red Earth 28mm a go. Not going to go into too much detail on it (that’s what the impression article is for) but I have a few overall thoughts:
- It’s not going to replace Spectre or Skirmish Sangin – this is a different style of game.
- We picked it up, learnt the rules and got through a full 3 mission Night Raid in two and a bit hours.
- It’s got a great set of core mechanisms that flows together really well.
- I’m already thinking up my own cards and missions for it.
- As you can see in the photos, S-Vests are a nightmare.
More details coming soon once I play a few more games and get my thoughts together.